Thursday 3 November 2011

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish vs. No7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser

Hello everyone!

Today I'll tell you my thoughts on Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish and No 7's Hot Cloth Cleanser.

I have used Liz Earle for about two years and am definitely a complete convert. As a teenager with very teenage skin (I have acne, but also patches of dry skin, which is excellent) I had long struggled with finding the right kind of product on my skin, and Cleanse and Polish was the answer to my prayers: it was gentle, but so very effective, and could take off my makeup so easily. I loved going to bed knowing my skin was clean but in no way irritated.



The only problem with Cleanse and Polish, as far as I'm concerned, is its price. Though there are deals to be had that make it cheaper (like buying three pumps of 100ml at one time, for example), the fact remains that one 100ml pump will cost you £13.75, and one of these pumps will usually last me roughly six weeks (maybe more or less, but I've never fully checked). For a student without much income, it's become a luxury I now struggle to justify, for all its amazing benefits.

So I looked elsewhere. I wanted another hot cloth cleanser, but with a reasonable price tag, and No7's seemed to be the obvious choice.
The Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser costs £10.00 for 200ml (twice as much cleanser as Liz Earle!)

In principle, it does all the same stuff as the Liz Earle one: my skin always feels soft, it takes of my makeup (no matter how stubborn) without too much difficulty, and it's a creamy texture.

Naturally it's not perfect - as you'd expect with such a difference in price. Its texture is wetter and less creamy than Liz Earle's, and the smell is that No7 pong that I hate so very much. I do find it ever so slightly irritates my eyes, and my eyes aren't the most sensitive in the world. Furthermore I do have to work for a bit longer to shift my makeup, where as Liz Earle's seemed to almost melt it off effortlessly.

However, these are all things I'm willing to live with. If you want a hot cloth cleanser, do please try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. If you want a hot cloth cleanser on a budget, No7's Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser is a fairly good substitute. As cleansers go, it's not the cheapest, but as hot cloths go it's not bad.

So guys, do you have any cleansers that are melting your hearts (and your makeup)?! Let me know, I'd love to try another after No7 runs out.

No comments

Post a Comment

Just Bananas Makeup. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.