Friday 8 August 2014

Bloggers Made Me Buy It Tag


I love me a good tag - this one I saw over on Parisian To Be's blog and knew I had to get it on mine, not least because a beauty stash based 95% on blogger recommendations meant I would have heaps of material... Let us commence!

Who are your most influential bloggers?
Obviously, obviously Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup - a no brainer there! I also super trust the opinion of Siobhan from LetzMakeup and Sharon Farrell. Of course, I rarely watch a Lisa Eldridge video without my blogging notebook at the ready for some product recommendations. More recently, I have been swooning over That Grace Girl and some lush picks on her part!

Who are the ones you rely on for reviews and swatches?
I don't really have an answer for the swatches part of this question other than my old friend Google, as it's rare that a blogger I follow has the exact same skin tone/hair colour combination as I do, and I find this helps make a huge difference to how a product will look on me. In terms of reviews, Temptalia is probably my first port of call, followed by Makeup Alley too.

Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review of your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
I want to say that I am a good girl and always shop around with a range of reviews from different sources but I would be lying to you. I hope that now I have learnt the error of my ways as there is plenty of evidence of the disappointment I have felt when I've just bounded from one blogger's rave review to Feel Unique/Space NK/Boots.com (delete as appropriate) without doing sufficient homework.
I'm not perfect guys (hard to believe I know!)

What is your favourite item you have bought as a consequence of blogs?
Right now I think it's got to be Effaclar Duo! As you will know if you saw my Skincare Update last week I am a big fan of this little white tube and it has really helped keep blemishes at bay now that my acne is too mild for my old prescription treatment. It's also true that the new formula is some how even better than the old one.

Name five products you have bought recently based on blogger recommendations!
I am currently obsessed with the No7 Shade and Define Eyeshadow Crayons (I have 3 shades so far, for me that's a pretty big deal!). I also bought another Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet, this time in the shade 08 Grand Cru, whose colour is beautiful but the formula appears to be seriously dodgy. I have also bought the Body Shop Honey Bronzer, Origins VitaZing and Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Clearing Gel in recent times too.

And we will leave it for the tag there (I deleted some questions I felt were too repetitive!)

I hope this tag sparks you to get answering these questions too - if you do this tag please let me know so I can show some lovin'!

No comments

Post a Comment

Just Bananas Makeup. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.