Sunday 8 June 2014

So you've heard about the T Zone... but what about the U Zone?



So I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with the concept of the T zone. That oily bit in the middle of ya face. It ent exactly the new skincare fad on the block... But has anyone else heard about, and more importantly, been pampering their U zone?

 Hold on, hold on, I'm not making this up I swear... It's essentially the parts of your face that aren't your T zone: your cheeks, lower jaw and neck. Whereas your T zone tends to be oilier, your U zone is meant to be almost the opposite - generally needing a boost of moisture. It's a concept that was brought to my attention by the Lush Times, many, many moons ago.

According to Lush, Asian women (up there with French women in terms of being skincare legends to the anglophone consumer) have been aware of this since time began, seemingly, and apply two face masks to treat these areas with the correct product. This idea has always stuck with me, and I am now in the habit of tailoring my face masks to my skin's dryness, rather than going in with my old "slap it on, it's skincare after all" approach.

And the result is a super cool look like the one featured in the photo above. You are welcome.

While we're on the subject of face masks... Stay tuned for a new feature on my blog, kicking off with the face masks I have been testing out lately. Watch this space...

No comments

Post a Comment

Just Bananas Makeup. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.