Friday 25 July 2014

GIMME 5: Hand Creams


I'm somewhat new to the hand cream game, but I strongly feel that what I lack in experience, I make up for in litres of enthusiasm. I have been slathering my mits in these five babies for the last few weeks: here's my rundown of the Good and the "Good God..."

Also, if you missed last month's Gimme 5, you can get the dirty here...



Nuxe Rêve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream
Still not a brand that I've been convinced by, this hand cream failed to push me onto the Nuxe bandwagon. Formula-wise, is one of the more decent formulas of the five: it absorbs well and I do feel its moisturising benefits, but the smell... I can't even begin to describe it to you properly.  According to the internets this fella contains Chilean rose, avocado and sweet almond oils, which possibly explains why it smells like a weird old herbally jumble to my nose.


The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
I have actually tried this chappy before (in TBS's pre-L'Oréal days) and, along with their Shea Lip Butter, I feel there has been a distinct decrease in quality since the company changed hands. No longer sold in its cool, medicine-style metal tube, this is now available in a tacky, plastic one that is 20ml smaller. It's also somewhat lacking formula wise; I remember it as a light but potent balm that was powerful but weightless... Now it's by no means a bad hand cream, but just not a patch on the old formula, and it's another one with a smell you're probably going to have to learn to love.


Pure by Waitrose Hand Cream
At £1.99 I wasn't expecting much... but good LORD this is awful. Two minutes post application, all hints of hydration are long gone. I could weep... but I won't, I swear I won't.


Clarins Hand and Nail Cream
One of Momma B's faves, this one hit the (finger)nail on the head with a great formula and nice scent... It's the priciest of the bunch, but Clarins put its success down to the sesame oil and Japanese Mulberry: how lovely sounding. It does work well and would have come top if another hadn't beaten it...


La Roche Posay Lipikar Xerand Hand Repair Cream
It turns out my first hand cream is my fave... so much so the tube pictured is my second. While it's not quite rich enough to be my overnight hand cream of choice (that quest continues... chime in if you have recommendations!) it is going to live in my handbag, forever. It's got what I think of as a "proper" hand cream vibe: a floral smell, nice formula and the packaging just reminds me of whatever my mum was using when I was little... For the mo, it's my hand slap of choice and it's also only a fiver from Escentual... nice one.

I'll be back with another Gimme 5 next month but until then, what hand creams are you feeling? And basting your paws in? I am pumped to hear about them as per!

No comments

Post a Comment

Just Bananas Makeup. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.