Sunday 20 July 2014

Optimal Prime


Is the title intended to be a Transformers pun? Yes, friends, yes it is...

I figured my love for this trio was so strong that I needed to verbalise my feelings on my blog; having been a primer sceptic for the longest time, these three are my bros that I turn to when I need a look to last. Allow me to introduce you...

First up, and on its last legs, is my beloved Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This is a product I cannot wait to repurchase as he is a little champ at making my makeup last. I tend to spray him before anything else, as I find my face is a little sheeny when I spray this post foundation application, to act as a base for whatever I am putting on top. Other primers seem to make no difference or break me out, but I have a huge soft spot for this little pump: he's a real step up from the hairspray I had been using for special occasions before!

Then we move on to another friend that's about to empty, my Nars Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base. At one point I was using this and my UD setting spray in every single Youtube tutorial, as my lids are some of the oiliest in town and there's not a hope in hell of this oustripping any other products. Now this is running seriously low I have been using my Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden but his lasting abilities are absolutely nothing to write home about. I will be very, very sad when Nars really does give up the ghost!

Last of all is MAC's Prep and Prime Lip primer. The newest to the bunch, this is also my least frequently used, but I definitely had to mention him as when I'm wearing a bold lip for a long time, this is my product of choice. I'm not 100% sure as to how much longer my matte lips last whilst wearing this (matte lips being pretty heavy duty in that respect anyway) but if your lips are chapped and uneven, Prep and Prime will magically mask the situation and create a smooth canvas for colour - well worth a look in if you're a lippy lover too!

These are my priming picks - I'm ever so curious to know what yours are! Has anyone found a traditional, non-dewy primer that works without causing breakouts? If so, let me know down below!

No comments

Post a Comment

Just Bananas Makeup. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.